Welcome to the Dragonflies
Our teacher is Miss Frodsham and our classroom assistant is Mrs Claire.
This is our class page and we look forward to showing you what we have been doing in Dragonflies.
Some useful tips about how to help your child improve as a writer
- Dragonflies Y1 Curriculum Letter – Summer 2018 (1)
- Dragonflies Y2 Curriculum Letter – Summer Term 2018 (1)
- Curriculum Letter Dragonflies Y1 Spring 1 2018
- Curriculum Letter Dragonflies Y2 Spring 1 2018
- Curriculum Letter Dragonflies Y1 Autumn 2 2017
- Curriculum Letter Dragonflies Y2 Autumn 2 2017
- Dragonflies Y1 Curriculum Letter Autumn 1 2017
- Dragonflies Y2 Curriculum Letter Autumn 1 2017
- Dragonflies Curriculum Letter – Summer Term 2017 (1)
- Dragonflies Y1 Curriculum Letter – Spring 2017
- Dragonflies Y2 Curriculum Letter – Spring 2017
Suggested Reading, Year 1 and 2
Assessment Information for Year 2 Parents
Secret Agent Training Revision
Many parents asked how they could continue to help and support the children as they prepare for the end of KS1. Linked below is a website which holds details of the past SATs papers, which were changed in 2016 to reflect the new curriculum.
If you require any further assistance please come and see me.
This year we are using Seesaw to share and communicate with families! Your child will post to Seesaw to share their learning. I’ll also use Seesaw to send you messages and reminders. Seesaw is private; you’ll only see posts created by your child.
Please Sign Up Now
- Click on this link: https://app.seesaw.me/s/062-833-839
- Scan your child’s QR code for access to their learning portfolio
- View/Comment/Like updates from your child and their teacher. 🙂
After you sign up, download the free Seesaw Family app and sign in. You can also access Seesaw from a computer at https://app.seesaw.me/.
Thank you for supporting your child’s learning!
P.S. If you used Seesaw last year or have more than one child using Seesaw, follow the link above, then click the ‘Sign in’ tab at the top of the screen. You do not need to create a new account.
Telling the Time hunt
The children took part in a Telling the Time hunt. They had to find the signs around the school, read the time and find the corresponding clock on their answer sheet. With each answer the children also collected letters revealing a secret message at the end!
World Maths Day
Key Stage 1 children enjoying the school grounds and hunting for sticks to make a lunchtime camp fire!
World Book Day
To celebrate World Book Day, we all dressed up as characters from ‘The Jolly Postman’ by Janet and Allan Ahlberg. We have loved reading the story and finding out what adventures the Postman got up to.
We had a catwalk (to show off our wonderful costumes). We went on a letter hunt, posting lots of letters and completing exciting tasks along the way. We had puppet shows with some of the characters from the story and we were even invited to Goldilocks’ 8th birthday party. We had a wonderful day! Here are some pictures of what we got up to.
A Mystery Box on the Playground…
On Monday morning something very strange was happening on St. Anne’s playground, a mysterious box had appeared which was delivered for the children of St. Anne’s but from a mystery person/being? This week all of the classes will be investigating further, in Dragonflies we had lots of ideas, most of us think it has something to do with our work on ‘Goldilocks and the Three Bears.’